On November 15, 2018, the United States District Court for the District of Utah appointed Jonathan Hafen of the law firm Parr Brown Gee & Loveless as receiver for the assets of Gaylen Dean Rust, Rust Rare Coin, Inc., Denise Gunderson Rust, Joshua Daniel Rust, Aleesha Rust Franklin, R Legacy Racing Inc., R Legacy Entertainment LLC, R Legacy Investments LLC, and their affiliates. Pursuant to the Appointment Order, the Receiver is in the process of assuming control of the assets and gathering information. To assist in this process, please use the form below to provide your contact information.
At this time, please do not submit documents related to your claim. The Receiver will be establishing a claims process through which investors and other claimants will be able to submit information about claims for damages. The Receiver will use the contact information obtained to provide notice of that process and will update this website with information about how and when to submit documentation and other information supporting your claim for recovery of damages. Please provide your complete contact information and any comments below, so the Receiver can provide you notice of the claims process and status of the case at the appropriate time.
Please know that the Receiver and his team are working as quickly as possible to gather and preserve the assets and to obtain necessary information. The Receiver has received hundreds of inquiries from various stakeholders and is working on contacting everyone individually. We appreciate your patience as we work to respond to each inquiry.
- Online New Mexico-Based Dispersal Auction Takes Place Feb. 22-25 – 2/14/2019
- Sport Horse Auction: Go to the Auction – 2/14/2019
- Response to Motion to Stay Civil Cases – 2/5/2019
- Frequently Asked Questions – 2/5/2019
- Order Appointing Appraisers & Confirming Private Sale – 2/1/2019
- Receiver’s Initial Status Report – 1/31/2019
- Motion to Sell & Abandon Assets – 1/17/2019
- Motion Private Sale of Properties – 1/14/2019
- Court Order – 1/3/2019
- State: Ponzi scheme involving Utah rare coin dealer ‘larger than previously alleged’ – 12/18/2018
- CFTC revises estimate of investor losses caused by precious metals Ponzi scheme – 12/17/2018
- Utah rare coin dealer accused of running multimillion-dollar Ponzi scheme – 11/16/2018